Mastercard has introduced the winners of its second version of the Ladies SME Leaders Awards at a digital ceremony, celebrating the achievements of women-led companies in 22 classes throughout a number of business sectors in Japanese Europe, Center East and Africa.
Launched in 2022 in collaboration with Entrepreneur Center East, the Mastercard Ladies SME Leaders Awards is the primary initiative of its variety to acknowledge women-owned and run SMEs shaping the way forward for the area.
“The second version of the awards has as soon as once more exceeded our expectations – from receiving entries from various companies to seeing the ladies of tomorrow elevating the bar as we embrace a future that features extra girls throughout industries. I’d wish to congratulate all of the winners for his or her contributions and dedication to the SME success story and for being part of the Ladies SME Leaders Awards 2023,” mentioned Amnah Ajmal, Govt Vice President of Market Improvement, Japanese Europe, Center East and Africa at Mastercard.
The second version of the awards noticed 4,547 submissions from companies with a turnover of lower than US$13.6 million (AED50 million) and using between six to 50 folks.
Entry to the award’s 22 classes – which included The Designer, The Logistician, The Retailer, The Educator and The Investor – was open to all feminine people or companies who’ve their places of work or supply their companies in EEMEA. Different award classes included The F&B Chief, The Educator, The Actual Property Chief, The Well being Custodian, the Govt, The Chief of Tomorrow, The Chief in Agriculture and The Visionary, along with others.
Celebrating and showcasing people and enterprises shaping economies, worth chains and the digital economic system, winners from the UAE, South Africa, Kuwait, Botswana, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Nigeria, Kenya, Morocco have been:
- Marcela Sancho Montoya, Founder, Home of Pops
- Rim Guirari, CEO, Mustard and Linen Inside Designer
- Marloes Knippenberg, CEO, Kerten Hospitality
- Meher Mirchandani, Managing Director, Palmon Group FZCO
- Kim Thompson, Founder and Managing Director, Uncooked Espresso Firm
- Masindi Netshakhuma, CEO, Renof Productions
- Latifi Bin Haider, Founder, Baytuki
- Noora AlAskar, Founder, Nutribox Your Pocket Nutritionist
- Marang Mbaakanyi, Founder and CEO, Drones of Africa
- Susy Massetti, Founder and CEO, Maria Massetti WLL
- Roaya Saleh, Founder, Villa Mamas Restaurant
- Youmna Khoury, Founder, Youmi Magnificence
- Sarah Curtis and Zainab Imichi Alhassan Alli, Founders, POP Communications
- Jana Krimpe, Founder and CEO, BEST Options
- Anastasia Kopijevski, Founder and CEO, Skaya Artwork Company
- Dina Mattar, Founder and CEO, Dverse
- Jennifer Obiorah, CEO, TeamUpcyclers
- Karima Anbar, CEO, Intisar Basis
- Beatrice Jemimah Wanjiku Kiniti, Founder, Jobenvic Enterprises LTD
- Wada Kealotswe, Founder and Director, Aiko Creations t/a Eco Zera
- Shilpa Mahtani, Founder and COO, BnB ME
- Mona Alami, Co-founder, Ecofertil
The Ladies SME Leaders Awards 2023 judging committee included Amnah Ajmal, Govt Vice President, Market Improvement, EEMEA for Mastercard; Tamara Pupic, Managing Editor of Entrepreneur Center East and Nezha Alaoui, Founder and CEO, Ladies Selection.
The awards are aligned with Mastercard’s world dedication to attach 25 million girls entrepreneurs to the digital economic system by 2025, as a part of its purpose to construct a extra sustainable and inclusive world.