Google has introduced 11 African startups for its Inaugural Africa AI First accelerator program which can see them endure a 10-week accelerator program the place they’ll be taught from Google’s AI experience, get technical steerage and a $350k allocation in Google Cloud Credit.
The 11 startups, picked from an unlimited pool of progressive expertise, are utilizing cutting-edge Synthetic Intelligence to deal with each Africa’s challenges and broader world points.
The chosen startups are;
- Avalon Well being (South Africa): Empowers sufferers with streamlined on-line healthcare entry and presents medical doctors digital instruments to boost care.
- Chatbots Africa (Ghana): Spearheading SMEs’ transition into the Social Commerce period with AI-driven on-line storefronts.
- Dial Afrika Inc (Kenya): Tailoring buyer assist instruments for world companies, with a deal with African SMBs.
- Famasi Africa (Nigeria): Constructing the OS for pharmacies in rising markets.
- Fastagger Inc (Kenya): Utilizing AI to amplify gross sales and loyalty, supporting MSMEs’ development.
- Garri Logistics (Ethiopia): Digitalizing freight brokerage and transport companies.
- Izifin (Nigeria): Offering an end-to-end credit score infrastructure by way of API for small companies.
- Lengo AI (Senegal): Launching the primary Knowledge-Pushed OS for the Casual Sector.
- Logistify AI (Uganda): Minimising stock losses in industrial amenities.
- Telliscope (Ethiopia): Providing an AI-enabled enterprise intelligence platform.
- Vzy (Nigeria): Revolutionising web site constructing with AI-driven instruments that craft websites in mere minutes.
Since 2017, Google has constantly supported African startups throughout numerous applications. Collectively, these startups have raised $263 million and created over 2,800 job alternatives. The transformative energy of AI in Africa is highlighted by a McKinsey report which means that AI might add $1.3 trillion to Africa’s GDP by 2030.
Folarin Aiyegbusi, Head of Startup Ecosystem, Africa, remarks, “At Google we’ve been engaged on AI for over a decade, and we’ve proven how helpful AI is in our merchandise and for builders externally. AI is just not solely a strong enabler, it’s additionally a significant platform shift. That’s why we’re targeted on making it simple and scalable for others to innovate with AI. Our chosen startups for the ‘AI First’ program embody this imaginative and prescient, leveraging AI in pioneering methods to deal with each native and world challenges. We’re right here excited to assist and amplify their affect.”
Talking on the choice: Adeola Ayoola, CEO/Co-founder of Famasi Africa (Nigeria): “Famasi Africa is scaling AI-powered digital well being options to succeed in extra underserved communities. . Becoming a member of the Google for Startups Accelerator: AI First program represents a major step in the direction of realising that dream. With Google’s mentorship, we’re assured of scaling our options, reaching extra pharmacies, and finally enhancing healthcare outcomes.”
- Avalon Well being (South Africa): “”Avalon Well being is scaling AI-powered digital healthcare options to succeed in each South African.With the assist and mentorship from the Google for Startups Accelerator: AI First program, we imagine we are able to scale our options even additional, guaranteeing each South African has entry to top-tier healthcare companies.”
- Japheth Dibo, CEO & Co-Founding father of Dial Afrika (Kenya): “Dial Afrika is revolutionising buyer assist in Africa with cutting-edge AI-powered options.Being chosen for the Google for Startups Accelerator: AI First program will enable us to leverage superior AI expertise to make this imaginative and prescient a actuality. With this assist and mentorship, we intention to revolutionise buyer assist and equip companies throughout the African continent with the instruments to thrive and excel.”