US-based VC agency 500 World, in collaboration with The Egyptian Info Expertise Business Growth Company (ITIDA) has launched a Scale Up Programme in Egypt meant to empower founders by way of personalised mentorship and progress methods.
The Scale Up Program is a seven-week programme devoted to Pre-Sequence A and Sequence A startups in Egypt. The programme units the stage for his or her future success.
“Regardless of a difficult international and native macroeconomic backdrop, we discovered Egyptian founders proving that Egypt stays a thriving know-how market within the Center East and Africa. This was evident within the extremely aggressive course of for the Scale Up programme the place we met stellar calibre persevering with to construct resilient and wholesome corporations with monumental potential. We goal to offer a nourishing setting for the chosen leaders to develop and scale their attain sustainably.
The programme kicked off on 1 October 2023, on the Creativa Giza Hub, also called The Manufacturing facility, operated by ITIDA. The batch then launched into their journey to El Fayoum for an immersive three-day retreat, delving into founder well-being and management by way of partaking in empowering actions, and spending time kickstarting a neighborhood as a batch.
This lays the muse for his or her eagerness to take part in all of the upcoming workshops facilitated by our international mentors. Workshop subjects embody progress experiments, gross sales and advertising, operational excellence, hiring and extra.
The programme will culminate with the Scale Up Showcase on November 16, 2023. This occasion gives our cohort of startups with the chance to showcase their progressive ventures.
Founders may have the prospect to community with 500 World’s community of trade leaders, companions and ecosystem gamers. Along with startup shows and product demonstrations, the Scale Up Showcase will characteristic globally famend keynote audio system, together with Sean Ellis, Creator of Hacking Progress.
There may also be panel discussions, specializing in regional and worldwide landscapes. Courtney Powell, Chief Operations Officer and Managing Companion at 500 World may also be internet hosting a by-invite-only brunch.
The programme will proceed with assist for 3 months after the Showcase, providing one-on-one workplace hours with mentors and advisors, one free 12 months of workplace area on the Creativa Giza Hub (aka The Manufacturing facility), firm progress mapping, and extra.
Meet the Batch 1 Startups
● Birdnest develops and operates tech-enabled rental properties.
● Blnk is an AI-enabled digital shopper finance platform that’s driving monetary inclusion in Egypt.
● Convertedin is a advertising working system for e-commerce, which utilises knowledge and customers’ insights to create personalised multi-channel advertising.
● Dresscode is a DTC quick style enterprise that allows Gen Z to seek out reasonably priced and high-quality style.
● FriendyCar is the primary and main P2P car-sharing operator within the Mena area.
● ILLA is a logistics holding group that provides door-to-door options for FMCG corporations.
● Khazenly is an omni-channel know-how platform for on-demand logistics and fulfilment.
● MQR provides extensively accessible, high-quality gathering areas with hospitality-led service and facilities.
● Nowlun is an internet freight forwarding platform permitting cross-border shippers to scan the marketplace for the very best delivery choices, obtain immediate quotes, and monitor their shipments.
● NowPay is a fintech startup constructing a monetary wellness platform for workers.
● O7 Remedy is revolutionising wellness and psychological well being by establishing MENA’s largest all-in-one psychological well being platform.
● Orcas provides personalised stay studying experiences for Okay-12 College students.
● Rology is an AI-assisted teleradiology platform.
● Suplyd is constructing a digital infrastructure for eating places’ provide chains.
● Sylndr is Egypt’s main used-cars-focused market each serving customers and sellers to purchase, promote, and finance used-cars.